The Dewalt DWE7480 portable table saw is a top-quality mid-size saw. It has a rip capacity of 24 1/2″ and only weighs 48 lbs. The only thing missing is that this saw does not have dado capability. Read reviews of best tables saws of 2020 on our blog before you make any purchase.
Below are the important features of the DWE7480:
- 15 amp 4,800 rpm motor
- 24 1/2″ rip capacity
- 12″ maximum rip to left of blade
- Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails
- Only weighs 45 lbs.
- Rugged all-metal roll cage
- Roll cage has adjustable rear feet to compensate and level for setting on uneven surfaces
- Compact construction that is easy to transport and store with little space
- Tool-free installation and removal of Site-Pro Guard system and riving knife
- 2 1/2″ dust port
- 3 1/8″ cut depth at 90 degrees
- 2 1/4″ cut depth at 45 degrees
- On-board storage for blade guard and push stick
- Can be purchased either with stand or without
There are almost no negatives about this table saw. The few that users found are listed below:
- Poor quality miter gauge. Take a look at Incra for better miter gauges.
- Stand is fixed, not rolling. However, can also use the DW7450 rolling stand
- Cannot make dado cuts
- No on-board storage for the fence, miter gauge or extra blades
The Dewalt DWE7480 is a very light weight, compact portable table saw and will be suitable for most ripping jobs.
It has an extremely high 96% combined 4 and 5 star ratings and an unusually low 2% combined 1 and 2 star rating.(Click here for explanation of our star rating procedures)
The quality, performance, accuracy and durability of the DWE7480 is unquestioned. If you need a mid-size portable table saw, then the DWE7480 is the obvious choice. The only downside is whether or not you need dado capability and how much you need in rip capacity.
Click here to check the latest price for the Dewalt DWE7480 on Amazon.